water tank pressure is gaining air pressure

Home Handyman

-------------------------------------

Hope this is the right place to add this article.

I have a 3 year old water tank in a home that has a well. Problem is the air in the bladder is increasing. Not sure how that can happen. But it does. I have drain the tank of water and adjusted the air pressure to 2 psi lower the kickon setting. Which is (40 PSI) As recommended. And in about 2 weeks or a month after the pump starts running right when the toliet flushes, etc. So then after I drain the water from the system and the tank, I put my pressure gauge on the valve on the tank. and it reads

60 psi. This is with the drain valve open. I then relieve the air back to 38 PSI start the water again again and every thing works great again. I do have an air-ation system which cleans the iron out of my water. This draws air in while the pump runs and works with the mineral tank. I need some good advice PLEASE!!!

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 271101 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
grick8

Pump systems without an air bladder use a small air bleed on the pump inlet to supply a small amount of air to the tank along with the water. They use a float valve to bleed excess air out of the tank when needed. It may be possible for you to adapt such a valve to your tank.

However, I do not see how air in the water gets into the air side of the bladder unless the bladder is leaking.

Don Young

Reply to
Don Young

grick8 had written this in response to

: Well the tanks says it is a 36 gallon diaphragm. If it is leaking wouldn't water come out of the air bladder valve? Thanks for your suggestions.

Home Handyman

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 271406 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
grick8

Must be a leaky bladder combined with that aeration system.

Reply to
Davej