Water pump / sprinkler

Oh? Since the precharge is added with the tank empty, why wouldn't it be the 'total tank volume'? Of course it isn't once the pump kicks in and adds water into the tank compressing that air bubble.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Because there's a diaphragm or bladder that isn't symmetric...

--

Reply to
dpb

Any diagram of a bladder tank that I have seen (I haven't cut one open to check) shows the bladder collapsed against the bottom of the tank when it is empty.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K