Water pressure

We are about to move into a new house (for us) but an old house to the rest of the world. We noticed the cold water pressure in the upstairs master bathroom sink was very low (and by low I mean you have to wave your toothbrush around under it to get it wet). Another bathroom adjacent to the master bathroom (also upstairs) had good cold water pressure along with the rest of the house. The shower in the master bath also had good hot/cold water pressure.

Any theories on what we should do to to correct this issue?

Reply to
Wired_and_Tired

Yep, if you have a stainer on the end of the faucet it's plugged. If not, it's probably plugged with pipe corrosion further down. It could be in the shut off valve under the sink.

Always a messy problem, eh?

Pj

Reply to
Pj

Reply to
buffalobill

The good news is if it's only in that one spot, it's probably not your water mains. But you can test this by turning on water in more than one place at the same time and seeing what happens. Also try flushing a toilet in one bathroom while running the water somewhere else. If the pressure drops, then the water mains are at least part of the problem. If the pressure doesn't drop, then it's isolated to that one room.

In that case, then it's probably one feeder pipe or the screen in the faucet, neither of which are very big deals and you can probably fix either problem yourself, though if it's the pipe, you might want a plumber's help. Wouldn't take one more than 30 minutes to fix, though.

We've got corroded water mains in our house and have decided to just live with the low pressure until we can afford to fix it. (Yeah, I know, we're bathing in and drinking rustwater. We filter it...)

Reply to
basscadet75