Water pressure problem in my sprinkler system.

I am having problems getting all my sprinkler zones to work. I have 12 zones with an average of 6 to 8 sprinkler heads on each zone. I have one zone that does not seem to get enough water pressure or let enough pressure out to keep my pump and pressure tank running. I have a private well, 1 hp pump with a pumping rate of 25 gpm. and a 30 gallon pressure tank. I also have a water softener , but is only hooked to spigets and faucets connected directly to or in the house. I have one zone , zone 8 at the moment that isnt working properly. doesnt let enough water out to keep the pump and pressure tank to keep running, so water barely squirts out. i have changed control valves and silinoids, but then a different zone acts up. I have changed 2 control valves at the same time while leaving one or the other open, and get this weird gurgling sound with water running out for a short period. then i replace the valve tops and all the zones work. However a week later a zone acts up again. do the same thing with 2 different control valves and can get it to work again , but only for a short time again. Did have a sprinkler guy come in and he cant seem to find the problem. Kal

Reply to
gabes

Hi, Sure, you don't have a leak in that particular zone? Try exchanging zone valve with another working one.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I put a pressure gauge in my system years ago; not expensive, relatively easy to do and has solved many problems. If one line doesn't have pressure it's probably caused by a broken sprinkler head, broken line or faulty valve.

Reply to
Pj

Reply to
gabes

Reply to
gabes

Reply to
gabes

Sounds like a leak in a supply line to the faulty zone which runs through zone 5. Or it could be that you're just overwatering in zone 5. Do you know your piping layout? Suggest you look for a small "spring" or "geyser" somewhere within the puddled area.

SJF

Reply to
SJF