water leak?

I have a second house in the Keys that we hardly use. The inside wall molding is damp. I have checked the sprinklers but they don't come close to the wall. Have checked the water meter for leaks but it doesn't show any water usage. There is a pipe in the wall near the dampness but the pipe is dry. Checked the condensation pipe but water flows through it. On the outside wall is mildew in one spot which is starting to get bigger. I opened the inside wall but I can just feel dampness, no sign of water leaking. Does anybody have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Phil

Reply to
phil

Maybe condensation forming on the condensation drain pipe or A/C vents? Moisture wicking up from the ground? Gutter or roof problems?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Reply to
phil

Are there any openings in the wall? Could it be outside moisture ( rain, dew, etc ) finding its way in and down the wall and pooling inside the wall? Also, consider the roof as well as a leak up top could be ending up down inside a wall.

- Tim

Reply to
Tim

Reply to
phil

If the wall is shot, might as well punch a hole through and see what's causing the problem.

Reply to
Father Haskell