Washing Machine "walks" several feet

"G. Morgan" wrote

You don't need MY church, HIS church, THEIR church, or any church to have a relationship with God, my friend.

That is the simple beauty of the whole thing.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I know.

It's something so simple, yet man has used: "In the name of " to control their "flock" for eons. What always ends up happening is more murder and mayhem in the name of their -leader's- "God of the day". It's a control thing.

Why there are so many who follow their religious leaders and act on them (for example, Pat Robertson telling his followers who to vote for), instead of *listening* to God with their own heart is beyond my comprehension.

It's like the capacity to think for themselves (a God-given gift) is being tossed out the window. For what? Are most people really that easily controlled? (That's a rhetorical question, I know that most ARE).

I know this is way OT for this group. But I get annoyed at people who wear their faith and beliefs on their sleeve, and suggest that "scripture study" is going to solve everyone's marital problems. If I ask the Stormin Mormon exactly which scripture to study, I'll bet you a nickel it will be a LDS belief. And if they are right, that makes the other 99.8% of the world's population wrong. I can't get on board with something so silly.

Reply to
G. Morgan

That has been my experience.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Only the married ones. And then only with the spouse.

The sad reality, is that Mormons have plenty of sexual sins, teen pregnancy, and so on. I hope it's less common than in the rest of the population. But, I'm not really sure.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Well, some do, I'm sure.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Apologies to the person who asked about the washing machine. This has drifted. A lot.

The goal with church, is that people distil together their succes, and help each other in the walk towards God. Like washing machine posts on Usenet, sometimes churches wander.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

As I submitted the original post on this thread asking for help regarding my washing machine, I would like to thank those of you who provided helpful replies.

To Stormin Mormon, who takes a useful forum and transforms it into his own personal platform for spewing religious material, I can only say that hijacking these forum threads with your own personal agenda is a selfish, very inconsiderate act. Your posts are a disgrace to whatever religion you claim to represent.

The washing machine in question needed a replacement spring to restore balance to the tub suspension. The suggestion was thankfully provided on another forum where the inquiry was not re-directed by nonsense.

Reply to
Smarty

Glad you got your washing machine fixed.

I'm saddened to hear that you're offended by my mention of relgion. I presume you're equally offended by others who mention religion.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:hglb0v $glp$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

It was mentioned in another thread that we should discuss prophylactics, or the warnings on the packages. I'll add to that the need for public support for all birth control techniques, including abortion, as the need of a person might suggest.

Reply to
Han

Stormin Mormon had been hanging around here for years. I've seen him reply to threads asking a religous question, but never has he hijacked a thread for his purposes. Your resposne servers your purpose, just as you accused SM of doing.

Perhaps you should go there in the future with your questions.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Thanks, Ed. I thought I remembered making some replies, but sure hope I havn't hijacked any threads. Of course, many will say that my screen name and signature box do that (hijacking) for me.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in news:OvedncVKh-ii0LPWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Is it SM or S&M ???

just curious...

Reply to
Red Green

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:hglllr $aep$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

Nahhhh, member in good standing still running strong.

Reply to
Red Green

Really? You might want to look at the dictionary on your way to another newsgroup.

It is a rare thread on ahr that doesn't wander from the original topic if it goes on long enough. There are several old-timers on the ng, well informed and helpful but most of whom spout off now and then. We take turns at being offensive on some issue :o) Stormin's suggestion was a long way from being "disgraceful". We get most emotional about top/bottom posting....certain damnation! :o)

Reply to
norminn

Vibration is a common problem on newer Maytags like yours. You can try replacing the 6 suspension springs (they come as a kit), or the white plastic snubber. If the transmission is leaking oil, then you would need to replace that too. Check your warranty; the trans may be covered up to 5 years, and if it needs to be replaced, the part itself would be free. All of these repairs require special tools. Even installing the springs would be difficult without the spring tool.

Your washer is one of the last designs before Maytag was bought by Whirlpool. It is no longer produced, but parts are available. Don't confuse it with the newest Maytag machines, which are rebranded Whirlpool designs.

Reply to
AE Todd

Thanks very much for your helpful and informative reply. Replacing the springs was, indeed, a bit of a challenge without the additional leverage / mechanical advantage provided by the special spring removal / installation tool. Thankfully I was offered good advice on that subject before starting the job.

As regards Stormin' Mormon, it takes only a few minutes of searching and sorting the posts to see how much of his content is actually responsive to user inquiries.

It is my basic complaint that the FIRST person who deliberately chooses to reply entirely off-topic, attempting to be humorous or state their political and religious views most often has the impact of steering the discussion entirely away from the original question.

If someone asks: "Why do I need a GFCI on my sump pump" and Mormon answers "because it is God's will that all pumps have GFCIs", the conversation will be strictly downhill from that point on.

I would ask that a post be allowed at least a day or two until this type of stunt take place. People including me are coming here for help, and this type of antic really serves no useful benefit. It's a wise guy trying to show off. Nothing else.

For whatever it is worth, I am a devout religious believer and practitioner, and also hold strong political beliefs including those on many topics including guns, abortion, and other areas which are highly controversial.

I just don't think they belong on a home repair newsgroup, particularly when they deliberately subvert the purpose of the forum. There are other forums which are entirely appropriate.

Unlike spam, these types of messages are impossible to filter, defeat the purpose of the forum, and provide no more than a stage where pathetic egos get a chance to dominate the reasonable requests of other people.

It all comes down to respect and fairness for others, two concepts that a truly religious person should have no problem comprehending and observing.

Reply to
Smarty

Oh, yah, those bottom posters are going straight down.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You could join us, just by changing a setting in your Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843.

If the default is "top post" - just change it for bottom posting.

Why insist on the sig line at the top? Some people in Ethiopia walk for days to get to a computer. By then all they see is missing parts of the thread.

The threads are snipped off by the servers, depending on how the operate and run.

Reply to
Oren

"Goes on long enough".....??? My original question was posted less than one day with very few replies when Chris / Stormin' started his bullshit. If you are trying to say that this "wandered from the original topic", I can only reply that it was, like many of his posts, a totally unrelated, wise-guy comment, not at all timed when the thread had "gone on long enough".

And true to the form of a weasel, he never apologies, never replies directly to a legitimate complaint, but sits back in a smug way preparing his next verbal turd.

Reply to
Smarty

Smarty, are you the same jerk who said this, just yesterday: "For whatever it is worth, I am a devout religious believer and practitioner, and also hold strong political beliefs including those on many topics including guns, abortion, and other areas which are highly controversial."?

Reply to
norminn