washing machine 'walks'

My Kenmore washing machine moves around during the spin cycle.

How do you prevent this from occurring?

Thanks

Reply to
trailer

The front two feet are the heads of giant screws, i.e. get longer or shorter as you turn the feet. You can thus adjust the machine so it stands flat and level on the floor. You also need sometimes to adjust the internal distribution of the load (weight) so it is as uniform as possible.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

Tub retaining system might have a spring or some such of of place. Review your owners manual for instructions on how to set up. level, etc.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

I would suggest first making sure the washer is sitting with even weight on each foot and that it is level. Next make sure the suspension system is fully functional.

Reply to
sligoNoSPAMjoe

Bolt it to a concrete slab.

Reply to
Phisherman

My refrigerator is running, but I dont want to stop it.

Reply to
RickH

I think you should be proud. My parents were proud when I learned to walk.

My 30 year old Kenmore has two individually adjustable legs and the other two (front or back, I forget which) are hooked together so one goes up when the other goes down. When you lower that end of the machine to the floor, that makes sure all four legs rest on the floor. But I can imagine that they would stick and leave only 3 on the floor. In that case, if your machine is like mine (and they never change) I'd lift up the washer at that end, and drop it from an inch or so.

Reply to
mm

make sure it's level, make sure all the shipping supports got removed from inside.

Steve Barker

How do you get items out and restock it?

Ahh! Programmed to go to the store and acquire things? A cunning plan. :)

Reply to
Clot

I don't remember the brand. But I did work on a walking washer, a couple years ago. There were four big springs below, and one had come loose.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I had a walker and didn't want it's feet to get sore so I cut an old pair of tennis shoes in 1/2, put the toes under the front and heels in back. It quit walking and looked much better

Reply to
Jeff D

When I was newly married, my new bride would offload the washing machine terribly. It vibrated and danced all over the place. Then one day we found out that if she sat on top and I stood along side ............. well ................... you figure out the rest.

Why fix it. Find a use for it.

Sheesh, do I gotta tell you everytheeng?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB