Washing Machine Problem

Arghhhh....

A month or so ago, I posted a message about a washing machine saying that the motor spins, but it's very weak and only spins the agitator really slowly and weak. It doesn't even spin the tub at all. BTW, it's a Kenmore Portable Washing Machine, AKA "World Washer". It's about 2 to 3 years old.

I pretty much dismantled the whole thing, looking for any clues on why it won't spin. I figured maybe the motor was burned out, so I ordered a new one from Sears Parts. It just came in, so I hooked it up and it did not fix the problem.

Now, back to the drawing board. Since it's for sure not hte motor, since it's a brand new one in there and it's doing the same thing as the old one did, it must be something else. Can anybody else help diagnose the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Reply to
wiz561