Washing Machine Disassembly

Our washing machine won't drain. It looks like a carpet my wife washed shredded its rubber backing, particles of which have probably blocked the drain tube.

I have a GE model WWSE5200B1WW washer according to the tag but when I go to the GE page, it doesn't recognize this model number. The machine is top-loading and was purchased new in 2002.

It looks like the only way to get to the working parts is to tip it over and remove the bottom plate. Once I get it open, I suppose it will be fairly easy to recognize the drain hoses and remove them for inspection and cleaning. I'm not sure how to get the agitator off, should I need to remove the inner drum. Does anyone know of a website with information and diagrams on GE washers? I found several where I could buy a repair manual, but I'd like to find one with diagrams available for viewing.

Thanks,

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314

Try

or

Edwin Pawlowski

Very common, give her hell! Tell (ask?) her not to wash rubber backed mats if she sees *any* sings of deterioration or cracking in the backing.

On the 'newer style' General Electric built washer like you have, the front panel can be removed for service. You can read about gaining access to it at the following link:

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to