washer water tempeture?

Wait until late summer and it will be better. :-)

Your washer has three settings:

  • Hot (only the hot water inlet it open)
  • Cold (only the cold water is open)
  • Warm (both the cold and hot are fully open)

How warm warm is depends on the temperature of the cold water coming in and the temperature of the hot water in your home.

Normally I would not worry about it. You might want to check the inlet filters to make sure the hot water inlet is not partly clogged, which can happen, but other than that, why worry?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Turning down the cold valve will also restrict the amount of water that comes in during the spin portion of the rinse cycle, so I wouldn't do it. That's when the drum is spinning at full speed and some rinse water is sprayed in.

The warm water temp normally is not very warm, certainly less warm than I would expect. And I have a Sears washer with automatic temp control, so it mixes it to the presumably correct temp.

Bottom line, I wouldn't worry about it.

Reply to
trader4

I have a new washer,I notice if I set water tempeture to warm /cold(warm wash cold rinse) the warm water is like room tempeture,the cold rinse is really cold,set at hot/cold hot is really hot.I think the warm should be slightly warmer,it might be that I have slightly more water pressure from the cold side?Maybe by turning the cold valve down a little might help? Thanks

Reply to
Tony Pacc

I keep my water temp low so I reduce cold input a bit or just wash Hot, in trying to save on water heating I keep my hot water temps low.

Reply to
m Ransley

Reply to
Tony Pacc

/cold(warm

Hi,

Yupper, do that....slightly ;)

Cold water, what ever temp it is outside will effect this. Warm water, should be approx 100=BAF Hot water, should be approx 120-140=BAF

The cold water pressure always seems to be higher than the hot water pressure....leave the hot on all the way and slowly turn on the col unril the incommong water is approx 100=BAF and leave the shut off taps there....this will change/need to be adjusted with the seasons!!

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

We had a tankless system that ran off the steam boiler and the warm water would always start warm and within a minute run cool. Scrapped the system and now run off a 80 gallon tank connected to the new boiler. Now the water temp is constant. Are you running a tankless?

Reply to
Clark Griswold