Vinyl window

I'm in the process to replace the windows in my home with Vinyl windows. I have three bids which are from Champion Windows, Home Depot At-home service, and National Energy contractors(Chicago area local contractors). The windows I'm interested in are top brand from all of them. The prices are within $2000 among them. I'm looking for the comment regards to these companies. Any bad experiences with anyone of them?

thanks, Charley

Reply to
Charley

I would also check to see if Andersen Windows has opened up their renewal division in your area and get prices from them.

Reply to
Art

I could never get any jobs contracted to the Home Depot to be completed correctly. Had a rug installed by a Home Depot sub-contractor who arrived late & unprepared. The rug was installed quickly but very amateurish looking. After complaining to the Home Depot nothing was resolved. Less then two months after installation a seam comes apart. So I had to rip out the rug and get a new one installed (after checking references and seeing the installers workmanship) and not by a sub-contractor.

Reply to
Rich

Hopefully someone from Chicago will drop in and comment. Otherwise, check the Illinois and Chicago licensing boards and see what the complaint record looks like for each of your contractors.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

In the end, there's really only one way to go....Pella!

Reply to
Joe Fabeitz

Absolutely avoid Pella, Anderson, Sears and Rolox. They are all marked up

Reply to
hsi on all the time