Replacement Vinyl Window Brands

My wife and I are trying to make a decision on replacement windows to put into a 100 year old house we're buying. Our research is showing there's ton's of windows companies out there. Has anyone heard of or have reccomendations for any of the following brands:

- Newpro - Mastic - National Vinyl - Diamond - Vermont Vinyl - Park Avenue

Any input would be appreciated.

Reply to
Zeb

Consumer Reports online worth reading, worth the price of admission, before spending thousands and finding the brand you picked condenses at a lower temp than your old Andersons. I bought Pellas Pro line , I should have stuck to Andersons.

Many other factors and ratings go into a good window.

Reply to
m Ransley

None of the above. Save yourself the aggravation and go with Andersen. The reason many companies are more successful than others is because their quality is better, so they don't spend a ton of money fending off unhappy customers. That said, consider Pella. Their window performance on some of my properties has been very good indeeed. YMMV.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

Any thoughts on Milgard, like how they stack up against Andersen?

Reply to
F.H.

Faced with the same issue, I went with Eagle

A true divided lite, double hung, tilt-in sash.

I looked for a long time as I'm replacing some original windows (some 16 over

2) in a 130yr old Victorian on the Registry.

Also, less expensive than Anderson.

Regards, Joe

Reply to
Joseph A. Rich