Vinyl Siding x2

Hello again! This is in addition to the thread I started but I have something to add. Since my first post, my fiance purchased her first income property and wants to cover it with siding. Here is a picture of that one:

My question is would a contractor discount the job if he did both jobs. This property also needs a new roof--I should also mention that this property, like mine is in Halifax NS and is one year older than mine. Any help would be appreciated!

Reply to
camryguy

You'll have to ask. Some will, some won't. What makes it attractive to do jobs together is saving setup time, but if they are some distance apart, no time is saved. Same with material. If leftover pieces from one job can be used on the other, some small savings may result.

It really comes down to how hungry the contractor is. If he is busy, there is no need to discount at all. If he is very slow and a couple of hundred bucks gets him two jobs, he may go for it. Just don't get your expectations up for a huge discounts. Other than some goodwill, there is no practical reason for him to give you a lot of money instead of earning it himself. His insurance cost is still the same, his truck will still burn the same amount of fuel, he is going to pay the same for the nails.

Keep in mind, if you beat him up on price, he is more tempted to take a shortcut.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You raise some good points. The houses are close, but not on the same street. They are about two streets apart. Thanks for the heads up on the price vs quality issue aswell! I don't want a headache for her or myself down the road!

Reply to
camryguy

show contractor all 3 jobs and ask. but have him complete just one at a time

Reply to
bob haller

Ask for some references!!! And check them out!!!!

Reply to
hrhofmann