Cleaning vinyl siding - not ordinary "stain"

Hello everyone, I have dark brown sometimes black splotches on my 17 year old siding. I have read some posts about using clorox etc but can't resolve two problems 1. how to spray the mixture so it doesn't run and 2. what happen to the porch paint when it does run? fwiw - this stuff is like a tobacco stain tatoo. It appears to be "in" the vinyl, scratching on it doesn't touch it. It also appears to be the result of the presence of some kind of bug or insect but what I can't tell. Bug poop? Any input will be appreciated. gk

Reply to
Universal Inquirer

What's a tobacco stain tatoo? How big are the splotches? How big are the bugs? Splotches bring to mind pigeons and flying cattle.

Reply to
Barbecue Bob

A tobacco stain tattoo is a brown splotch that looks like it was spit onto to surface but is as hard to reach as if it been etched on with a tatoo needle just under the surface thus it is as difficult to wash off as a tatoo. gk

Reply to
Universal Inquirer

Sorry - haven't seen any bugs - just looks like something a bug would do. !?! OK now I'll bite. What are flying cattle? btw - we can rule out pigeons.

Reply to
Universal Inquirer

Sounds like the work of a mighty big bug. Artillery fungus will cover a wall with dots that are hard to remove, but they aren't splotches and aren't below the surface.

Reply to
Barbecue Bob

"These photos were taken at "Flying Cattle Farm" in Miou-Li (between Taipei and Taichung). It used be a cattle farm of government..."

I think some of those cattle starred in the movie "Twister".

Reply to
Barbecue Bob

Multi-Purpose House Wash - Concentrated Cleaner For use with high pressure washers! A heavy-duty, non-butyl cleaner that contains alkaline builders that break up greases, oils and dirt for easy removal from outdoor washable surfaces such as brick, stone, siding, gutters, painted wood, spas and pools. Dilute 8 ounces of Multi-Purpose House Wash concentrate into 1 gallon of water. 32 fl.oz.

Getting Started with Stanley With Stanley Home Products your financial investment is minimal

Reply to
Sandy Bray

DAMN SPAMMER

"Sandy Bray" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@fidnet.com: