vinyl siding

I have vinyl siding on my house, which is mostly brick. The siding is under the eaves (hip roof).

I need more ventilation in the attic and may have to cut thru the vinyl and plywood so that I can put in some kind of air vents for inflow into the attic.

How difficult is it to cut vinyl siding? I would like to cut both siding and plywood at the same time if I can.

If I cut the vinyl incorrectly, the siding cannot be replaced-that type is no longer produced.

If necessary, I could remove a section of the siding and cut it separately.

Thanks.

Reply to
stevie

Very easy. A jig saw will make quick work of it.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Usually you can remove those eave sidings by just gently prying them off, exposing the plywood you need to cut. You then have to find out where the joists are so you can cut your vent between the joists.

Reply to
Mikepier