vinyl self stick tiles

Do we need to put seam sealer on all the seams on the self stick vinyl tile floor? Some seams do not exactly butt against the other although they are very close and under is the plywood. I cannot find an answer on all the directions for the tiles. Thanks in advance for any answers. Ronalee

Reply to
chattyrona

No, but you do need to get the tiles to butt up properly.

Reply to
Noozer

Directions for laying my vct tile over a wood subfloor stated to leave a small gap for wood expansion/contraction. I left approx 1/32" gap. Applying a sealer & wax mostly filled the gap.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

May I ask, what product did you use for the sealer??

I am considering covering the drywall above my shower stall with self-stick vinyl tiles, but have been wondering what to do about the seams to keep water out.

Reply to
Ether Jones