Vintage Whirlpool fridge - could I have gotten lucky?

15 on and 30 off should be adequate if the door is not opened - -
Reply to
Clare Snyder

I got the replacement thermostat installed yesterday, and it's working fine. So hopefully I'm all set until I have to move.

I did take the old one apart just to see, and it was a mess. The electrodes were almost gone, and there was a part broken off from something that I couldn't figure out. So after 40 years it was definitely time to replace it. Of course the defrost timer and thermostat are the same age. But the compressor just hums along.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Reply to
Peabody