"Vintage" Delta faucet parts

I have a Delta pullout kitchen faucet that I bought a bit over 15 years ago. I now need a new diverter that goes inside this faucet. But here's the aggravating part. Even the Delta representative said this diverter part is no longer made. What a bummer! A 15 year old faucet is now obsolete? Anyone who has a Delta kitchen faucet knows they are not priced cheap. Is there possibly an online store that has _pictures_ of the diverters they have in stock?? There is no part number for this and I can't find a serial number for my faucet.

I simply can't believe there is not one single diverter in the whole United States for my faucet and frankly I'm disappointed in Delta for not keeping these in stock. Personally, I don't consider a 15 year old faucet really ancient. I spent the day going from supply house to supply house to supply with no luck until the Delta rep was at one of these supply houses. And his news was not welcome.

The faucet is useable just I get water that is 50% stream and 50% spray. If anyone has knowledge of an online store that I could view the diverter I would be *most* appreciative.

Thanks in advance for ANY help anyone can provide.

Reply to
itsjoannotjoann

DANCO is probably the biggest aftermarket supplier of parts for all brands. They no longer sell direct to the public but have franchise agreements with retail outlets.

See:

places that might be able to help.

Find a Delta model# at the very least before you go.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Most Delta faucets are lifetime warranty. Tell them you want the part or a new faucet. Delta sent me 2 new faucets based on nothing but an Email picture of the ones with corroded finihes.

Reply to
gfretwell

try a look at the online catalog:

buffalobill

Joan,

How did theDelta guy know that your faucet parts were no longer in stock if you guys couldn't determine the model number (not the serial number)? I agree with you that a 15 yr old faucet should not be obsolete. Have you spent the time at the Delta and Price Fister web-sites looking for faucets that resemble yours? Have you removed the diverter valve and compared it to the parts on sale at the local hardware store?

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

Thanks all for the help.

  1. If I had the original paperwork to pull out of the file cabinet I wouldn't have come here asking for help.

  1. I don't have a lathe to make a plastic part, so that shoots that suggestion in the foot.

  2. I was at the H.D. supply house yesterday when the Delta guy said that part is no longer being made.

  1. Thanks for the suggestion of contacting Delta and asking about their lifetime guarantee!!! It's is a bummer they make a faucet and then quit supply repair parts. Hmmmm, must be a new business tactic to drum up repeat business.

  2. Last but not least, I will go back to the Delta site and look again. If I remember correctly they want to a part number to search their site. (Why do I feel like a dog chasing it's tail?) I hadn't thought of Price Phister, but I'll look there, also.

Y'all have given me hope and some good tips. The search continues!!!!!!!!

Reply to
itsjoannotjoann

'H.D.' as in Home Depot? They do 'bell curve' stocking- even their special order will only cover the fat part of the bell curve as to what sells.

Nobody else said it (that I noticed), so I will. Take the old part, or even the entire faucet, to a supply house that deals with the trade, or even a large ma'n'pa full-line hardware store, if such a thing still exists in your town. Preferably one that has been in same location at least 20 years or so. One of those places that has a counter and stools is best. Look for the oldest guy working there. Ask him if they have anything that looks like that out back or in the basement. Note that supply houses that cater to the trade tend to only be open 5 days a week, from dawn to 3 pm or so, and be located in the nastiest cheapest part of town.

When looking for obsolete parts, I have had better luck at places like that, than at the big boxes. Both because they serve people that do repairs versus new construction or DIY rip'n'replace, and because they tend to hold on to old stock longer.

aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

=BF=BDThere is no

Someone suggested going to a Mom n' Pop hardware store. I don't know where you are, but if you are anywhere near Chicago, there is a store on the South Side, Mount Greenwood Hardware, which is one of those stores that has parts that no one should ever expect to find anywhere. There is also the LaGrange Park Ace Hardware, which is similar. The people there are incredibly helpful. I think Ace is one of the chains supplied by one of the Delta aftermarket companies mentioned in the thread.

Here is the contact information for the stores:

(773) 881-9770

3124 W 111th St Chicago, IL 60655
Ace Hardware 900 E 31st St la Grange Park, IL 60526 (708) 352-0666

Hope that helps!

Reply to
celticsoc

Why not try a real supply house instead of a place that tries to tell you it is? I bet you would come away happy.

Reply to
George

aem speaks the truth, as usual. And these stores often are open at

7:30 am, so you could stop by before going to work. Bring as much of the old stuff with you as you can. Nothing else beats showing these people what you're trying to do. If I can't get what I want at HD or Lowe's quickly, I go to these guys (of whom I have plenty to choose from, living in a small city with one of the largest stocks of old houses in the United States).
Reply to
KLS