Very Strange a.h.r Coincidence

Background Part 1:

About a year ago I posted a question about covering the rust inside a Cowbo y Coffee Pot with enamel paint. I had bought the pot on eBay to replace a Cowboy pot which had a broken peculator tube. I never did anything about the rust and the eBay pot has been sitting in my basement for over a year.

Background Part 2:

Last week I was going through my camping equipment and came across the original pot with the broken tube. I decided to try JB-Weld to fix it. (Food safe when cured, able to withstand up to 600°F direct heat.) I f ixed the tube and set up the pot to use this morning. I wanted to make sure it worked before we go camping.

Very Strange Coincidence:

I filled the repaired pot with water and grounds, set it on the stove and sat down to check out a.h.r. I found that someone had posted a response to my year old question about the rusty pot. Of course it came form h.o.h, where dates don't seem to matter, but it's still very strange that the response showed up at the same time as I was setting up the original pot.

Maybe I should look for hidden cameras in my house.

BTW...the coffee came out great.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I will be very curious to know how this stands up to heating and cooling cycles, especially over a campfire. If it were me, I would bring a spare, but, I like my coffee.

There is an old aphorism:

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you"

-Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

it was the Russians

Reply to
ChairMan

My spare is the old flat bottom basket from a long-time-gone Mr. Coffee. Pu t the grounds in a filter, put the basket on a coffee mug and slowly pour hot water over the grounds.

No, that method does not follow the rules for extraction time, but hey...it 's camping. It's quick and easy in a pinch. Certainly easier than straining the quart of Col d Brew concentrate I made yesterday.

I like my coffee too.

Reply to
DerbyDad03