venting water heater and boiler gases.

I have an older home and currently the water heater and boiler (located in the basement) vent into the chimney. I bought a wood buring fireplace/stove and I want to add it into the second floor using the same flue(There was once a stove located at that location but I am sure they did not use the same flue). I understand I should not do this as long as I do not want to visit the burn unit anytime soon. Can I somehow vent the boiler and water heater out of the side of the house?

Reply to
jasonmr2

roger61611

Maybe. There are variables as to location of the units and local codes. The flue will still have to go up the top of the house, probably the same height as the existing chimney. You can run insulated metal chimney.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski