Vent stack question

Is it acceptible (calif. building code) to run a bathroom sink vent outside the wall along the corner where wall and ceiling (inside the bathroom) intersect? I've got to get around a load bearing wall support to be able to tie in to the kitchen sink vent a few feet away. If this is not a no-no I was considering to then cover the new guaranteed eye-sore in a small drywall bump-out. Thanks

Reply to
J Clark

Just build a box around it for appearance !!!!

Reply to
Whackkmeeoff

My sink has one of those vacuum breaker vent units that eliminates the necessity to deal with running a vent pipe. I don't know the code issues with these, but it works quite well for me.

John

Reply to
jriegle