Uses for Nason 481-16 Select Thinner?

I've got about a half gallon of Nason 481-16 Select Thinner left over from a spraying project I was involved. I bought the materials, but somebody else did the spraying - I don't own a spray gun.

Are there any uses for this thinner other than thinning automotive paint and cleaning the spray equipment?

I just read the can and it says it's for use by "professional, trained painters" and "not for sale to or use by the general public", yet the auto-paint store sold it directly to me - just one of those "general public" kind of guys.

I'm thinking I should give it to the guy with the spray gun...doesn't sound like I'd need to clean anything with it. So far I've gotten through life OK with plain old mineral spirits.

Agreed?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Agree. If you have a charcoal grill, it might work as a fire starter, or you could use it to clean paint brushes or some such, but that seems a bit wasteful compared to passing it on to someone who will put it to good use.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Reply to