Use opened mortar?

I've had an opened bag of mortar in my garage for about a month. I did a small repair back then and only used a few scoops of it. I have a rag covering the opening and the mortar is still powdery. Can I still use it, or should I throw it away?

Mike

Reply to
upand_at_them

Italian

Okay, thanks.

There aren't any lumps, but I wasn't sure if the individual grains were affected by humidity and would prevent a mixture from setting up.

Mike

Reply to
upand_at_them

It's OK if it's powdery.

Reply to
John

the for sure way to find out is mix up a small amount and see if it hardens OK. After mixing the mud, put it on something nonporous so it doesn't get dried too quickly. If the mix was bad, the next day you'll be able to smash the lump quite easily with a moderate squeeze of your fingers. bill

Reply to
bill allemann