Shower Tile Problem

Hi!

I've got a quick question about the tile in my shower. I think I know what the answer is, but I'm still in denial.

On the side wall that contains the window, the tile around the window started to buckle up over time. I removed the tiles that were buckling and it looked like water seeped in under the tiles and caused the wood to expand. I've had the tiles out for a few months now because I wanted the wood behind it to dry out. Now that I'm ready to start tiling again, there's another problem. The tiles two rows down, under the window, are starting to expand out a really tiny bit. Enough for the grout lines to become fragile and crack.

Now comes the question. Should I start tiling around the window and regrout the tiles that moved two rows down, or remove those tiles as well and replace them. I'd rather not remove them because we used cement board for the backer and it would just be a huge pain in the butt to do it that way. But, the other part of me thinks that if I don't do that, the problem will just get worse.

Thanks in advance...

Reply to
wiz561

Italian