Upward-flushing toilets?

My basement, which I plan to finish off into several rooms has no sewer connect. The upstairs sewer line comes down into the basement, runs along a side wall and then out to the street about half-way up the basement wall. I'd like to put a toilet and vanity in the finished basement. Is there such a thing as an upward-flushing toilet? I suspect it would have to sit atop a raised area with some kind of pump underneath. Never heard of one though. Thanks.

Reply to
46erjoe

yes there is my father in law has one, the pump is in the back kinda under the tank, it also takes sink water in and pumps it out too. works great for him.

sorry dont have a name and just remember it was pricey and of course you need a electrical outlet

Reply to
hallerb

i don't know if this fits your application:

4/10 HP SEWAGE PUMP Wayne 4/10 HP Sewage Pump - Completely Submersible - Chemically Resistant Thermoplastic - Vortex Impeller Pumps Up To 4,680 GPH @ 10' Head - Moves Up To 2" Solids - Mfg #SEL40 THDS Part #: 594810 Mfg #: Manufacturer: WAYNE Made In: USA

but first read about all basement stuff at:

buffalobill

Steve Barker LT

Years ago magazines such as Mechanics Illustrated and Popular Mechanics had adds for up flushing toilets in every issue. Haven't seen them lately but a Google search might turn them up. As I understand it, they had a built in waste pump.

Walt Conner

Reply to
WConner

No Spam

They come with a special pump and housing that not only pumps but slices and dices.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I had one installed in my basement last year. Just warn any females not to flush sanitary napkins- the fibers can tangle in the blades, I was warned.

Reply to
Sev

Yes, they are jokingly referred to in the trade as a Grinder.

CR

Reply to
CR

Those shouldn't be flushed anyway.