Unusual space heater recommendation request

I have an 84" couch that sits in front of a bank of 6 windows that are 10' wide and 9' tall. I was hoping that they made some kind of oil/water filled baseboard space heater that would extend at least the full length of the couch and wash the wall with heat. It gets awfully cold sitting on that couch in the winter. I thought something oil/water filled might be able to be slipped into the close confines behind the couch without having to move the couch so far away from the windows. Unfortunately, I have been unable to locate something like this. Does anybody know of something that fits this bill or maybe a permanently installed construction grade unit that would function on 110v?

Thanks in advance, Craig

Reply to
CraigT

Any heater like that requires convection. For convection you need floor space between it and the object in front of it, as well as the top to allow the heat to rise. Why does it need to be oil/water filled? Why not a simple elctric baseboad solution? They are VERY cheap and 100% efficient. You're probably looking at less than 500$ to have it profesionally installed by a licensed electrician.

Reply to
Brian V

In this case, the oil filled has two advantages. He can operate of 120V up to 1500 watts. He may also find one long enough to give that "wash of hot air" that he is looking for. Oil filled heaters tend to be larger that standard heaters of the same capacity so it may spread the heat over a larger area.

That said, I don't know for sure if it will solve the problem. There are such heaters made. Someone on this group asked about one a few day ago and it was much more expensive than the equivalent standard element.

These are both 240V but the oil filled is $165 versus $44 for the standard element. Guess what I'd buy.

?action=productDetail&productId=225986-49285-PLF1504&lpage=none

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

?action=productDetail&productId=225986-... my question on such a large heat loss will a 1500w or even 3000w do much? Outside temerature matters too, and the cost of electric in the OPs area.....

might be better to try adding a heat duct in that area, upgrade to triple pane window etc. or heavy drapes to close at nite in the cold

Reply to
hallerb