Unkinking a warped door

Hi, folks

I've got an ancient door that I'd like to use in a project, but it's not flat: When I close it, the bottom reaches the door frame about an inch and a half before the top of the door.

This door is simply four tongue-and-groove boards that are held together with two cross pieces -- on at the top and one at the bottom. It's about 32 inches wide and 6'4" tall. Unlike modern doors, this one is only about an inch thick. It was used as an exterior cellar door on our 1816 Pennsylvania farmhouse when we took possession. Now, I plan on using it as an interior door on the kids' new basement playroom.

What's the best way to flatten this thing out?

Thanks!

Mark

Reply to
Gulph

Take it off, use wood clamps and strong lumber to clamp to , work out the bow slowly. Do it over a few weeks

Reply to
m Ransley

You could try this! lay it flat on two saw horses pour boiling hot water on it and lay weights on it where the warp or kink starts and let it sit a couple of days all the time watching it to be straight you will have to pour the boiling hot water on a couple of time during the process. it might work

Reply to
dr252