Undercounter Lighting

We recently installed Good Earth Xenon undercabinet lights. The Xenon light were touted as lasting longer than Halogen, and as being not as hot. They were installed under the cabinets, according to the manufacturer's instructions.

I love the light they give but they do seem rather hot. Specifically when they have been on maybe an hour or so, they are warm enough that the fixtures are almost too hot to touch (I have asbestos hands), and the bottom of the cabinet above is warm, as are the bottoms of the plates in the cabinet above the light.

Is this typical with halogens? Should I be concerned about this? The cabinets are laminated particle board. Would this cause delamination?

TIA

Sue

Reply to
Sue

doh! Should be undercabinet lighting in the subject line. Long day. sorry.

Reply to
Sue

I have LED undercounter lights and they get hot too. Not too hot to touch but they warm the plates in the cabinet above. Just my 2 cents. Dom

Reply to
Smurfz

On 1/11/2005 10:25 PM US(ET), Sue took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

I have under cabinet lights in the kitchen and laundry room. Mine are halogen and they do get hot. My wife likes to use them as auxiliary lights when the main room lights are off, despite my telling her that the bulbs cost almost $5 each to replace. But, that's another story.

Reply to
willshak

Reply to
RBM