TV Problem ?

Hello,

Happy Holidays.

A bit OT probably, but you folks have given me such good advice in the past, thought I'd ask here anyway.

Have Comcast for my Internet and TV. Has always worked just fine. TV uses a "Box" from them.

Live in Sudbury, Mass. (metro west Boston)

Have had a new Samsung TV for about a year now. Never any problems with the TV, which is a typical Samsung "Smart TV".

For the last few days, irrespective of what Channel I am on, about once every half-hour or so, the screen goes totally blank for about

1/2 sec. Then, resumes fine.

Does this sound like a Comcast service type problem or anomaly in my area ?

A TV set problem ? A Comcast Box problem ? Or,...?

Any "history" on this type of problem ?

Any thoughts on what might be happening would be most appreciated.

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

try loosening each connection and re tightening it. this exact problem occured here this week, i checked the first connection and that fixed it....

you can also call comcast and they will send ou box a hit, which can also fix your problem

Reply to
bob haller

Sounds like a connection or box problem. One thing to remember, 90% of all problems are fixed by disconnecting the power for a few seconds and rebooting. Plus check the connections. If not fixed, call Comcast as they can troubleshoot from there end.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Do you have a DVD player or some other input source hooked up to the TV? If so, try playing something from one of those sources and see if the same problem occurs. If the same thing happens, it is probably the TV.

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

Do you have internet with Comcast? Any quick connection loss on the internet?

Per other advice, check all connections first. Do not just hand tighten, use a wrench to tighten. Then try rebooting the system. Then play a DVD player through the TV to determine if it's the TV. If problem still exist, call Comcast cause it could be the box.

Process of elimination.

Reply to
Meanie

If it blanks when you are streaming, it is probably the TV. I have a Samsung smart TV and a connection problem causes it to freeze with the picture and the circle thing going around. If that works and it blanks watching "cable TV" it is the box or a cable outage. I hear Comcast is OK up north but they suck here. My cable is swinging in the air in the right of way where I cut it

Reply to
gfretwell

Calling Comcast is usually my last resort. Checking connections and rebooting should always be done first. Comcast TV here in Northern DE is pretty reliable but I often see internet blink-ages but they are not that severe.

In my old age, I do not run up and downstairs and crawl around TV's to correct problems. If I call them and they want me to come in and get a replacement device and bring back the old one, I get their techs to do it. If there may be a service charge you can ask to have in home insurance cost added to your bill and take it off after they leave to avoid charges.

We recently had their new X1 system forced on us and their past experience with homeowner installs now has them sending out techs because the system is a little twitchy. Guy did a great job and even with underground cable he replace an old above ground connector for better service.

Reply to
Frank

Bob posted for all of us...

I read the other replies but from MY experience it is a good bet it's Comcast itself. DAMHIKT. The "service" has deteriorated and their "customer service" is even worse. It's because of their X1 roll-out.

Reply to
Tekkie®