Samsung TV Repair

Have a Samsung 47"TV about 1 1/2 years old. Picture is bent like "Cinemacope" TV and colors are all askew. Able to make Red move for convergence, but Blue will not move to correct the problem. TheModel No. is HCL4715W and have been told that the set needs a Convergence IT-1CSTK392040. Cost to repair $350. As a 77 yr. old retiree, that is a major investment that I can ill afford.

Any advice?

Carl

Reply to
Dr.Z

I don't have a clue. There is a TV repair newsgroup if you don't get an answer here.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Hi, Try to find the source of part needed and see if you can replace it yourself(delicate soldering) Tony, VE6CGX (retired EE)

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Try posting to sci.electronics.repair

Reply to
Charlie Bress

Someone named snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Dr.Z) Proclaimed on Sat, 2 Oct 2004

16:25:03 -0600,

Try:

or:

1-800-627-4368

To ask about that part.

-Graham

Remove the 'snails' from my email

Reply to
G. Morgan

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Dr.Z) wrote in news:18133-415F2ABF-197@storefull-

3217.bay.webtv.net:

Well,you should have posted to sci.electronics.repair BEFORE you screwed with the purity and convergence. Now,your best bet is to take it to a shop and pay the price or buy a new TV.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I wouldn't be too hard on a enthusiastic handyman. That's how I learn't a lot about repairing many things including TVs. The trick is to be able to return to the setting with the original problem if the tweak doesn't work. Then try some other tweak.

The OP's problem is probably the degausser circuit not working. There is a thermister and a relay involved. Beyond that try the < sci.electronics.repair > newsgroup.

Reply to
PaPaPeng

Jim Yanik's response is not at all helpful and is somewhat abrasive.

I did exactly what the owner's instructions recommended, and nothing more. Nothing was "screwed up" and the problem appears to be a defective part.

However, I am grateful for the other responses, which are very helpful.

Reply to
Dr.Z

"Dr.Z" wrote

I think maybe he thought you went inside the cabinet and started twisting and turning stuff. I assume you just did the "remote thing" with checking the stuff out.

You may have to have it checked out, but check with several different places (if you can find one!) and see if anyone makes "house calls". Sometimes it's cheaper (believe it or not) to have them come out PLUS it's a lot less hassle than you hauling it into a shop, wait a while, then hauling it back home again.

Good luck....

Reply to
Red Neckerson