TV Lock-out for kids

Mr Electrician, eh? I have a bedroom with 4 wall outlets, one of which is switched. I want a ceiling box for a fan. It has to be mounted solid and perfect. The wall switch box will have to be changed to a double because I don't like trying to jam too much wire into a single box. This entire thing has to be done in 5 minutes because I'm exhausted from this new house (unpacking boxes, etc). Oh...and the process can't create any dust, either, even though the walls and ceiling are plaster.

:-)

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Next time Bush is on TV, especially if he's working without a script, sit with them and make them watch the whole thing. Then, tell them that if they watch more than a half hour of TV per day, they risk ending up like him. That should send them screaming out of the room, looking for books to read or hula hoops to play with.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

I just eliminated the whole TV thing at my house. Anyone wants to watch anything, they have to put in a dvd or go buy their own cable or antenna hookup..............TV has been a time leach in my life and this is the best thing I have ever done for myself................

Next time I'll have to throw out the computer and/or disconnect from internet/usenet connections.............I'm not sure I have the guts for that yet.

Your solution is an option I have considered in the past, as I had TV bums around and it irritated me to no end. Now I have a new set of leaches in my home eating away at my patience. They are old enough to be adults but fall well short of the target. And Somewhere between losing their way, and moving into my home, they afforded a TV and a set of rabbit ears, so now I have the fmaily that plays TV at 80db living down the hall in our "spare" bedroom and driving me nuts.........

Did I mention that these folks are driving me nuts?????

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 18:15:08 GMT, MUADIB® scribbled this interesting note:

But how do you really feel?

John Willis

Tell your parents to get their own place. :)

Reply to
Gene

Mom's Gone, Dad re-married,...............No issues with that as far as my home is concerned. It's The Damn Step daughter-in-law and family. There's four of 'em and tow of them aren't old enough to make a good decision,.................Then there's the 6 year old and his baby sister....................

( the Step-son-in-law is older than I am.............)

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

Wow, one small step for man,..... One giant leap for attorneys.

Reply to
MUADIB®

I had the same problem here. My Sony TV doesn't have a headphone plug, but it does have pre-amp outputs. So, I went to Radio Shack and bought a cheap-ass little integrated amp with a headphone plug. A certain individual in my house is a tv addict, and is being forced to wear headphones so the normal folk can think straight.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

MUADIB® wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

A month ago my partner's ne'er do well daughter and two bratty kids arrived here peniless on one-way tickets from 2600 miles away. Before we knew they were here, she had checked into a pricey hotel, then called her father two days later.

It was made clear in no uncertain terms that they would never stay or live with us, not even overnight.

We picked them up the following day, paid the hotel bill, then handed her an exhaustive list of shelters to begin calling for assistance. Finally, after over forty calls, she found one that would accept them.

The shelter will give all of them counseling, help find her a job, put her children in school, and when she's accumulated enough money, help find and furnish an apartment.

We hope not to hear from her again.

Reply to
Wayne