Doggie stains on concrete floor.

We had a large dog about 25 years ago that we used to let sleep in cellar at night. She was very thoughtful; when she got sick at night, from eating god knows what, she threw up, not on her nice rug, but on the cement floor. That was 25 years ago and the stains and efflorescence are still there. We have never been able to clean them off.

Would anyone know of a way to remove that kind of "stain"? Apparently, the strong acid in the stuff worked them into the cement. We'd like to avoid painting.

Reply to
Martin

Stomach contents may contain a small amount of acid, like HCl. So yes, that can attack concrete. Try treating a small area with dilute HCl (muriatic acid). If that doesn't work, switch to something highly alkaline, like TSP. For more choices consider looking at products offered in janitor supply outlets. The pros often have unusual items not commonly found at the box stores.

Reply to
Joe Bobst

You can try TSP if available in your area or one of the special commercial concrete cleaners. Next there is Muriatic acid. If that does not work, at least you now have the floor ready for a good paint. Get one made for concrete floors.

Check out:

and

Joseph Meehan

Rent or buy a jack hammer and break up the floor. Figure out how many cubic yards of concrete you need, and place your order. When the concrete arrives, they will pour it in thru the basement windows. Finish as you would any concrete. If you dont know how, hire a cement contractor.

Reply to
publicdefender