Tub Faucet Replacement

I need to replace a Tub faucet in an older home (built in '71) - How do I remove the old one? I assumed it was threaded on but I can't turn it. I'm afraid to put too much pressure for fear of breaking something.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Leo

Faucet? You mean the tub spout where the water comes out? Some have a set screw (allen) underneath which locks it to the pipe. Others are threaded on and removal *can* result in broken pipes. This is one area where experience counts.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim