Trying to find KWH of fans?

Hey Bob. What methodolgy is/was used for them to remotely control your AC. Sounds interesting? Terry

Reply to
terry

terry

Kill-A-Watt showed 20 inch Lakewood at 121/84/65 watts

84/121 =3D 70% 65/121 =3D 54%

91/74/59 watts with a new fan from Wal-Mart (20 inch Galaxy).

74/91 =3D 81% 59/91 =3D 65%

Sorta what you'd expect. Huh?

Interesting too your power only 8 cents per kwh! And ours is mainly clean hydro generated, especially summer time! Our basic kilowatt hour charge is just over 9 cents per hour the rest bringing it up to just over 10 cents is due to a monthly per account fee and sales taxes. Another reason may be that we are rather thin on the ground and that means the cost of the basic infrastructures must be borne by a smaller customer base.

Cheers

Reply to
terry

To cycle my A/C they placed an electrical junction box on the outside of the compressor, the power for the unit was routed through it.

I believe they could send a radio signal to it to turn the power on & off.

How big a rebate depended on how many days I agreed to have the A/C cycled and for how long per day.

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

ay use

Thanks Bob. The only thing similar had heard of was;

1) A means by which Ontario Hydro (I think it was) was able some 50+ years ago to remotely turn off some 'flat rate' electric water heaters which were fed though a second main circuit breaker in the house main panel. I had such a panel once and used that 'extra' main breaker to wire our cooking stove. The regular main breaker fed all the other individual circuit breakers. 2) there was a British system IIRC named "Rhythmatic" (sounds like an exercise class doesn't it?) which sent pulses of a certain frequency down the power lines which caused a mechanically tuned relay to swing back and forth until it's contacts would switch things such as street lights on or off, remotely. This all before the days of digital signals over power lines which are in some cases causing radio and TV interference. Cheers.
Reply to
terry

Both the name, "Rhythmatic," and your description sound like a sex technique.

Where can I get more information?

Reply to
HeyBub

..... "Rhythmatic," ..... not a technique but a "toy" sold door-to- door in the 60's

another consumer spinoff of the space program :)

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 17:33:33 -0400, "Colbyt" sayd the following:

God Damn that is efficient!

Reply to
Robert Blass