travertine kitchen backsplash-mastic question

Purchasing 2x2 and/or 2x4 traverstine tiles, 1 sqft sheet with a mesh backing. 32 sqft total. Installing it on a clean excellent condition finished home kitchen backsplash, the usual plasterboard which is already painted with latex. I would like to use mastic because of its ease of installation; however, after researching th subject on the net, I am hesitent to continue with the mastic --- do y'all recommend: mastic-organic mastic-thin set adhesive-water based mortar-latex and acrylic mixed mortar-epoxy morter-modified white thinset or a backer board first and then one of the above? tia

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Shelly

Any old mastic will do. -----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman

Do some work with on-line searches for further information regarding your tiles and the recommended adhesives. Some marbles will discolor with colored adhesives.

Reply to
EXT