Trader Joe’s Company

The national grocery store chain Trader Joe=E2=80=99s Company has agreed = to reduce emissions of potent greenhouse gases from refrigeration = equipment at 453 of its stores under a proposed settlement with the U.S. = Department of Justice and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to = resolve alleged violations of the Clean Air Act. Under the settlement, = Trader Joe=E2=80=99s will spend an estimated $2 million over the next = three years to reduce coolant leaks from refrigerators and other = equipment and improve company-wide compliance. The company will also pay = a $500,000 civil penalty.

Reply to
Tony944

Greenhouse gases. Like water vapor, and carbon dioxide?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hey, wait a moment. Refrigeration equipment has ozone depleting chemicals, not greehouse. Unless they started to use carbon dioxide and water vapor as refrigerants.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

...and the price of every item in the store will go up a dime so customers can pay for all that.

Reply to
Earl Grey

So true. Corporationa don'r pay taxes. The raise prices to collect the necessary monies.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The national grocery store chain Trader Joe=E2=80=99s Company has agreed = to reduce emissions of potent greenhouse gases from refrigeration = equipment at 453 of its stores under a proposed settlement with the U.S. = Department of Justice and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to = resolve alleged violations of the Clean Air Act. Under the settlement, = Trader Joe=E2=80=99s will spend an estimated $2 million over the next = three years to reduce coolant leaks from refrigerators and other = equipment and improve company-wide compliance. The company will also pay = a $500,000 civil penalty.

Boy uh boy I can tell you guys that I am glad I do not need to deal with = regulations any more! And the cost of Refrigerant explaining customer why is so expensive. In 2012 just before I retire I was paying for R-508B a 20lb.tank = $3000.00 what is it now?????? You loose charge out of system under warrantee your profit is just gone.

Reply to
Tony944

I wonder what could make all those regulations... oh yeah, it's the EPA... that's the agency that all of the left wing loons think is wonderful, right?

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

I personally ignore all EPA regulations. Screw 'em.

Reply to
Roger Blake

Right-winger-dingers don't like clean water and clean air?

Reply to
D. Fault

When I grew up, the air was polluted....and by God it made us tough.

Reply to
Wade Garrett