Toyota keys (why do they lock themselves in the car?)

Indeed. That's only happened to me once.

Reply to
pandora

I know what you mean. I want to put some largish rocks in my garden BUT I'm going to have someone else do it. Time was I'd do it myself but I'm not about to heft rocks around anymore.

Reply to
pandora

The computer I use now is very stable. It's on a UPS and runs 24/7. I put 32 Gigs of RAM in it, and it can handle virtually anything. I'd hate to have anything go wrong with it with all the crap I've added over the years.

Reply to
Checkmate, DoW #1

No shit? Would you happen to have any pictures of that?

Reply to
Checkmate, DoW #1

You should stream it on the Interweb. I'd pay to see that. Not much, but I'd pay.

Reply to
Checkmate, DoW #1

Manuals can be a bitch to read and follow and indexing is often poor. Internet is better source and best thing you can find is specific directions.

Kid gave me a watch for my birthday and I could not set it. Did not help that the manual was maybe over 5o pages of small print on a two by two page. When I called him he advised looking for a video and even though it was poorly narrated it was easy to follow.

Reply to
Frank

Not on my Beemer. The fob has to go in the fob hole. Undoubtedly there's a coil around the fob hole, but that's to communicate with the RFID chip in the fob. If you don't put the fob in, you can't start the car. Plus, it locks the fob in place, and you can't remove it unless you press the start button again to stop the car, and then press the fob inward to engage the release mechanism. Newer ones might work differently, but that's how mine works.

Reply to
Checkmate, DoW #1

My computer is my lifeline to my family and the world. I would hate for anything to happen to it. It's relatively new (2 years old) so it just keeps chugging along. Hopefully for a while yet.

Reply to
pandora

Computers have come a long way from the 8088, 386, etc. In a few months it was outdated and could not keep up. For most of us doing email and web surfing, even a slow by today's standards is pretty good.

Anyone want to buy a 1200 baud modem?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Ah, the olden days of dialup. :-)

Reply to
pandora

I never got into those. My hubby did though. I came ON in 1992 and went directly to newsgroups. They suited me and I've stayed here ever since.

Reply to
pandora

Like I said, I never used them. It wasn't my thing.

Reply to
pandora

The Source. I used to troll there before they invented Usenet.

Reply to
Checkmate, DoW #1

Did you ever type posts with ^G's in them?

Reply to
Checkmate, DoW #1

Did you ever run into any swinging Chads?

Reply to
Checkmate, DoW #1

My MGA does... how bou dat?

Reply to
Checkmate, DoW #1

My Cruze don't need a key, don't know what a starting handle is. But all I got is a button.

Reply to
Skeet

mixed nuts

Hate to do it to the thread but a lot of you guys are giving me reason to add you to my list:

Frank

Try as I might, I just can't manage to give a f*ck.

Reply to
Checkmate, DoW #1