Toro electric snowblower

I have a Toro 1800 power curve electric snowblower model 38025 that just quit. It has worked fine for 2 or 3 seasons but today it quit, blowing the circuit breaker with an accompanying burned wire odor. Resetting the breaker and plugging the blower in blew the breaker again with out any movement of the rotor. Any ideas where to look first would be appreciated.

Reply to
p4o2

Can you determine the location from where the "burned wire odor" is coming?

Motor area? Switch? Cord?

Can you (with the unit unplugged) get the snow rotor to turn? Or is the unit jammed?

Maybe it swallowed an object......

cheers Bob

Reply to
fftt

The roror will turn but of course the motor might be frozen and the belt just slipping. I did not see any smoke so i do not know which wire (s) were involved.

Reply to
p4o2

Thanks for the replies. The Toro if fixed. You know how you always find something in the last place you look? This time it was in the first place. I decided to start with the easiest place first. I took apart the handle (11 screws) and the burned smell seemed to be stronger at the off/on switch. One wire came right out and the button on the switch did not go in and out freely. I took the switch out and connected the wires and the blower works fine. To turn it off now I need to pull the plug but this is not a big deal for me. Maybe if I get ambitious over the sumer I will put an off/of switch in the end of the extention cord that I use on the blower. Thank again, I can usually count on good info from this ng.

Reply to
p4o2