OT Camping supplies and ammo

I am not saying we will need it, but having a stock of camping supplies and ammo seems like it may be a good thing to have on hand right now.

Anyone tried any storable food they could eat everyday for say a year?

Reply to
metspitzer

misc.survivalism is right over there. ------>

Reply to
Mike Paulsen

If it gets so bad that you need a year's worth of food, you will probably run out of ammo, assuming you win all the fights.

Reply to
gfretwell

Don't eat peanut butter from an MRE!

Reply to
Oren

Recon them edible under britches would last a while?

Better buy a few extry to eat on the way home from the store, tho.

Reply to
hibb

Be sure to hang onto a white flag, for when you run out of ammo. I suspect your ammo isn't going to do the job. It only takes one bullet to win the fight, unless you're in a bunker and can wait until things "settle down"........

Reply to
norminn

I do believe that there are a couple things to point out, which Mormons have known for a long time.

  • Build your stores of food over time, rather than one big huge purchase
  • Avoid the fad foods which often appeal to fear.
  • Store what you eat, eat what you store. This means both: Buy what you've already been eating, and change your eating habits to include your long term food.
  • Rotate. Eat the oldest food first, and put the new food in the back of the shelf.

I also believe that hard times are coming, soon. The economy is not well, and more deficit spending won't make life any more comfortable for the American consumer.

Will the stimulus work? Well, that depends what your goal is. If your goal is to increase dependance on government so that more people will vote Democrat, then it's working fine.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Please feel free to purchase all the firearms, ammo, and storeable food you can afford!!!

Any huge purchasing of Made-In-USA products helps the larger economy, helps with employment of American workers, and ultimately helps credit cards and banks survive the current crisis while they and earn desperately needed profits.

Thank-you for your loyal support of the President Obama's economic recovery plan. His real hidden agenda is to encourage the purchase of American firearms, ammo, and dehydrated food pouches, which will go mostly unused, but will cause a surge in the economy by you purchases. President Obama will take full credit for his plan's success to boost the economy by your purchases.

Thank-you again.

Reply to
Phil Again