Toilet seat hinge breaks, possible to just replace the hinge?

I have had two of the highest quality Bemis toilet seats fail within ten years. (Complete break and in guest bathrooms with very light use). To be fair they were not slow closing types but have had no Kohler failures in over 29 years.

Bemis warranty is only ONE year. I sent them pictures of the failures but no joy! Will only buy Kohler from now on!

Reply to
bconwayusa

When it's replacement time, I just buy one click up from the cheapest model HD has in stock.

Even these last at least several years, take two or three minutes to swap out using nothing but a big screwdriver, plus a nice new seat refreshes the bathroom and makes my butt happy when I sit on it ;-)

Reply to
Wade Garrett