toilet flush handle loose

My daughter's toilet has a plastic flush handle that press-fits onto the end of the lever. That press-fit is not so great and the handle falls off frequently. Is there any way to secure it, by retrofitting a set screw or something? or epoxy, or some other adhesive?

Or just replace the whole lever assembly?

Marty

Reply to
Martin Merritt

Replace it, they have cheap ones and nicer ones for a little more. Note that the nut that holds it on (inside the tank) is reverse threaded and you need to turn it opposite normal to get it off (righty-loosey)

If you want to try an adhesive, construction adhesive or epoxy should work fine. I like liquid nails for stuff like that.

Reply to
PipeDown