Tiny Ants in Kitchen

In article , snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says... :) About a month ago I brought in some cuttings and put them in water on a :) kitchen counter. :) Now I've got tiny ants in the kitchen. What is the best way tp get rid of :) them? :) :) Mike :) :) :) Can depend on what type o ant it is..some feed on sugars some on proteins and many will change their diet so it can be guess work which tactic may work best. Terro ant bait is a pretty good general bait that you should be able to find at most grocery/hardware stores. You might look on the outside near where they are seen inside to see if you can find a nest. Getting rid of that will be the quickest remedy.

Reply to
Lar

About a month ago I brought in some cuttings and put them in water on a kitchen counter. Now I've got tiny ants in the kitchen. What is the best way tp get rid of them?

Mike

Reply to
Mike

I second the Terro or Terro II recommendation. Works great on ants with a sweet tooth.

Reply to
Squanklin

Had simular problem. I started with ant spray then cleaned the area. They never came back

Reply to
c_kubie

I believe they were carried in on some plant cuttings I brought in.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Where can I buy it?

Reply to
Mike

Will do.

Reply to
Mike

Will do.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

In article , snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says... :) These appear to have a liking for sugar as evidenced by them :) going a rinsed (not washed) bowl that had contained ice cream :) and was sitting in the kitchen sink. :) :) Or was it the "protein" base material from the dairy product rather than the sugar? :)

Reply to
Lar

These appear to have a liking for sugar as evidenced by them going a rinsed (not washed) bowl that had contained ice cream and was sitting in the kitchen sink.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Good point, I'm clueless,

Mike

Reply to
Mike

OK, I'll try it.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Here's a solution that works every time. Mix a teaspoon of borax with a couple of tablespoons of jam or honey and smear it around where the ants are. Let them eat all they want for 2 or 3 days and presto - no more ants. They take it back to the nest and it kills out the ones in the nest as well. This works well outdoors as well as indoors.

Borax is available in most supermarkets and is cheap.

Larry Australia

Reply to
Larry

Leave out some of my wife's cooking, that will do them in or drive them away!

paul

Reply to
Paul Oman

try terro ant killer. i have used it and it works great.

kd

My experience with baits is it just teaches the ants not to eat the bait. I baited them with dog food and boric acid for a while since that was a favorite food. My ants have got so smart they won't eat the dog food unless the dog has had it in his mouth. They won't touch the stuff in the bowl or in the bag but if he chews on a piece and drops it on the floor they are all over it. I am only guessing they can detect the saliva and figured out that is safe. Perimeter sprays only seem to make them find another route. I think they live under the slab.

Reply to
gfretwell

Bought some today and the ants love it. Interesting enough the active ingredients is Borax!

Mike

Reply to
Mike

jim ___ Have a home upkeep question? Try my help page. It's sort of an alt.home.repair FAQ.

jim evans

This product is guaranteed to get rid of ants. The best part is that you only have to use it once. As an added benifit, it will also kill any rodents, pests, bugs, weeds and any other nasties you don't want around.

Al Moran