Time change due

Shrug. I make my living from the government at the fringes of the IT world, with an agency that has offices all over the world. Zulu and 24 hour clock are second nature. My peeve is some mail systems correct the time stamp to local time, and some don't. Makes it hard to sort the inbox sometimes. It was easier in the old AUTODIN message days, when everything was Zulu.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers
************************************************************* We have GMT so everything would go from there It should also be a 24 hour time so there is no AM or PM confusion.
Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Well I can and did just that, but it has a downside. Used to be, I'd get up at six, my wife got up at 6:30 and breakfast was ready when I got out of the shower. We'd watch the news and 20 minutes of the Today show and I'd leave for work. I decided to go in an hour earlier to be home an hour earlier.

So, what is the downside? My wife no longer gets up to make me breakfast. Too early for her.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Yep. El Paso is on a different time zone than the rest of Texas. 'Course El Paso is closer to San Diego than it is to Houston (and Houston is closer to Fort Lauderdale than it is to El Paso).

For that matter, Moscow is closer to New York City than it is to Vladivostok. Of course Russia spans twelve time zones (half the world!).

Reply to
HeyBub

As long as you're intent on confusing everybody, why not switch over to metric time as well? Ten metric hours in a day, ten metric minutes in an hour and ten metric seconds in a minute.

Think how easy microwaves and VCRs would be to set.

Reply to
HeyBub

And was originally proposed by Ben Franklin.

Reply to
HeyBub

Does ANYBODY really think DST is more than a mind game? Nobody could be that stupid :-)

Reply to
Sam E

El Paso is on mountain time because that puts it in sync with Los Cruces MN and Juarez Mex.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

ISTR that _Electronics Australia_ (or maybe it was still _Radio, TV and Hobbies_ at the time) once reported that on April 1 of that year Australia would be changing to the new Metric Time standard. But I no longer recall how things were to be divided up -- maybe even a 10-day week?

It must have been around the time that Australia was in the process of

-- by stages -- decimalizing everything else.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

You think you have it bad. I may have the math backwards and some details wrong, but it's basically like this: A few years ago, Israel had delayed the end of daylight saving time until the new years holidays were over, which are spread out over almost 4 weeks in September and October. The disputed territories were already off of DST and Arabs there had assembled a bomb with a timer, which they gave to someone else in Israel to plant, to murder civilians. However the second guy was using DST, thought he had an extra hour, and both he and the bomb were still in his car when it exploded.

Reply to
bobby

Idaho does not exist, it's a myth. I read it in the interweb.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

An old farmer from Main said it best. "The cows know what time it is."

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I have a Daylight Savings Time patch for Windows 2000 that I use on all Win 2K installs. It's bad when the computer has no idea what time it is.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

"HeyBub" wrote in news:gMqdnXZD1JZ3uU_XnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Would the box weight then be in metric tons?

Reply to
Red Green

Usually an hour between time zones. Is yours divided up into half hour or 15 minute periods ;)

Reply to
Frank

Sam E wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

My cats know what time it is...well, +/- 8.2ps anyway.

Reply to
Red Green

On Sun 11 Oct 2009 12:46:32p, The Daring Dufas told us...

Actually, that became a huge issue during Y2K remediation, especially for large companies with hundreds of PCs.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

I was installing daughter cards made by MR. Bios or changing out the bios chips on a lot of business machines back then. I think there may still may be a few people hiding out in their Y2K bunkers and when they come crawling out, will be stunned at what we have for a President. Who'd a thunk it back then?

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I didn't know THAT. If they leave the reservation they have to know what time it is in Arizona.

Reply to
Oren

So do the roosters.

The last watch I had on was 7 years ago. Don't need one.

Reply to
Oren