Tiling around door frame

I am going to be installing both a new door and tile in a bathroom and need some advice on the order of installation.

Should the tile go in first and the Jam and door trimmed to fit the new floor level

or should the the door jam go in first and tile up to the jam

My concern with the putting the jam in first is movement in the wood and having the grout crack as a result of the wood movement

thanks

Reply to
stevero

I think you will find it far easier and result in a better look if you do the tile first then install the door.

colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Hell just install everything first then tile right up to it. Put the vanity in first tile right up to it. Thats the way I always do it and I always do it the best. Attach the toilet then tile right up to it. Thats the way I always do it and I always do it the best. Put the doors in and tile right up to it. Thats the way I always do it and I always do it the best. You can even screw a toilet brush holder right to the floor then tile right up to it. See, if you install everything first THEN tile it has that INTEGRATED look. In demand these days. Thats the way I always do it and I always do it the best.

Reply to
Arts Hack Repair

Install the jamb. Saw the jamb and casing off. Install the tile under. On existing, this can be done by laying a handsaw flat on top of one of your tiles on an appropriate piece of cardboard to approximate the mastic. On new, you can cut before you install it.

DanG

Reply to
calhoun