Those Dangerous Samsung Phones that start on fire....

My LG Tracfone, gets 2 to 3 days on a charge with new batteries. I dont make a lot of calls either. But now that the battery is dying, I am lucky to get a full day on a charge (If I leave the phone on). Half a day if I make several calls. I try to shut it off when I am not using it, but often forget. I dont carry it with me, it beeps to damn much everytime I bend over or walk. I just keep it by the house door, in my car, or near where I am working (outdoors). Unlike today's youth, I dont need to know someone called me IMMEDIATELY. I can call back when I have time.

Reply to
Paintedcow

I can take about 200 photos on a pair of AA alkaline batteries, and I buy the cheap ones at the Dollar stores, which cost $1 to $2 for 4 of them. The camera is a Canon, about 5 years old.

400 photos for a dollar or two is cheap enough.
Reply to
Paintedcow

But that would be a CONTROLLED BURN :)

Reply to
Paintedcow

Batteries+ tried to rip me off for $50 too. Bought two (replaced wife's also) from Amazon for $19.

Reply to
Ben Dover

I have a couple Canon A400s that use AAs. I get the ones from Costco and they last quite a while. I keep a camera on the boat and one here for shooting miscellaneous pictures of stuff. My Panasonic DMC-ZS8 camera that uses a LiON battery will last a whole vacation and hundreds of pictures without a charge.

Reply to
gfretwell

Newer smartphones don't have easily removable batteries.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

That is one of the selling points of the S/7. You can replace the battery without taking the phone apart.

Reply to
gfretwell

I don't understand his short battery life either. Most phones I've had the battery lasted the life of the phone, ~4 to 5 years. I think I bought a new battery once on Ebay. Current smartphone is about

3 years old and the battery still lasts as long as when new.
Reply to
trader_4

Apples phones don't have easily replaceable batteries. Blackberries do. So do lots of others.

Reply to
clare

Er.. no, that would be a controlled ignition sequence. The burn comes after. [g]

Reply to
Diesel

why should i ever buy a new battery for a verizon prepaid flip phone? replacemnt phones from wall mart are $12.88 ' just buy a new phone, batteries plus wanted 35 bucks for a replacement battery,,,,,,,,

Reply to
bob haller

Try eBay for things like that.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I've gotten batteries for my flip phone on ebay for $5 shipped. Otherwise I would have bought another phone, but probably just taken the battery from the new phone, because to change phones means I have to retype around 250 contacts. Not to mention the activation hassle. I have yet to find a way to use the built in bluetooth to transfer contacts, however I had a young guy look at it and he said I "might" be able to transfer them one at a time. but there is no way to transfer pictures (wallpapers), sounds, or ringtones. The sounds are no biggie, and the pictures are saved from the internet (no camera), but it's still many hours of work to set up a new phone.

That is the one advantage to smartphones, you can just transfer all the data using a mini-SD card. I just saw someone do that, and the phones were not the same brand.

But a smartphone would cost me 3 or 4 times as much as I pay now (per month), and I dont need any of the other features. Nor do I want to try to learn how to use it. I like 'simple'.

Reply to
Police