Thompson water seal update

ok, I just got off the phone with Thompsons, I was told that in my region due to EPA regs they are not allow to ship solvent based product. So, they now make the water seal with a water base. It was always safe to use as the solvent evaporated over a few days when it was solvent based and they say that now since it is water based it is even more safe to use. Although, the area to be treated MUST be completely moisture free.

As soon I started the conversation I was stopped in my tracks, the woman said that everyone has been calling about the milky white product!

Searcher

Reply to
Shopdog

Why did you start a new thread for this post? Your original post was answered in your original thread.

Makes no sense. Water-based products are generally LESS sensitive to a bit of moisture than solvent-based products.

Reply to
Ether Jones

It says right there on the label that it's water based.

Reply to
Ether Jones

Are you saying they no longer make the solvent based, or do they have both? I know right away the water based stuff is going to be worthless. The solvent based worked well.

Reply to
abc

According to the rep that I spoke with, they do in fact ship the solvent based product to those state without tough EPA rules. Ohio being the one that she mentioned. I don't feel that this water based product is going to work as well. Yes the solvent based smelled and I had to leave the camper open for a couple of days,but it worked great and was considerably cheaper then buying silicone spray. I tried the "new" milky product on a small portion of my patio, what I got was a white film which took almost 36 hrs to dry and even after that period of time there were still white spots. Now that it has dried completely you can see light and dark patches on the concrete, not extreme but there nonetheless.

Searcher

Reply to
Shopdog

Thats good to know that they still make the solvent type. Just like KILZ. The alcohol based stuff was excellent (enen though the odor is a bit overwhelming). The water based type is useless. It does nothing it's supposed to, and is a complete waste of money.

Reply to
abc