Things flying into your eyelid

How come your eyelid can close in time to stop a bit of workpiece hitting your eyeball, yet you aren't aware of seeing it coming towards you?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

?? I see them. I see them when wearing safety glasses too but still blink to avoid a collision.

Reply to
Thomas

If it's a tiny thing going quite fast, I don't remember seeing it come towards me, just that my eyelid closed and the thing hit my eyelid.

What I never see though are mosquitoes flying into my eyes when walking/running/cycling. They manage to get into my eyeball. They must transmit some king of jamming mechanism. Pretty daft really as they end up squished and drowned.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword