Thin profile socket/ratchet wrench needed

Hello,

I am trying to find a wrench that will will drive a 5/16" hex screw. I would like a ratcheting type wrench. It should not be a right angled wrench but a straight one. I only have about 2/3" clearance to work with.

Any ideas?

Thanks Mike

Reply to
eljainc

Tom Kendrick

I can't follow you at all, not right angled, straight, socket.

But Home Depot for a while had and probalby still has in the tool department a socket wrench handle that would also twist the socket by twisting the handle, so no motion was needed by the handle itself.

Reply to
mm

Here is one solution.

aasberry

Get a side terminal battery wrench. Most auto parts stores sell them.

Limp Arbor

In those cases I just suck it up and grab the regular old combination wrench. Takes longer, but takes less time and money than searching for a specialty tool to do the job "conveniently."

While you're sitting here waiting for someone to recommend the magic tool, I'm done tightening the screw and I'm off to my next job.

Reply to
mkirsch1

Auto parts store, get a battery terminal wrench. They come in 5/16 or 10mm.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That's the perfect solution. I believe Craftsman makes a similar series of tools.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom