Genie Garage Door H6000A-2K Buzz Sound

I just spent the weekend installing a new garage door opener, and when I went to test it - it made this buzzer sound (Kind of like the buzzer sound you get on a game show when you miss a question). Anyway - I tried adjusting the wiring and looked all over the internet for solutions - but none where found so I decided to post the solution to help someone else out who may come across the same issue. Evidently the bolts connecting the rail segments and the head unit need to only

-hand tightend, tightening them too much puts pressure on the screw drive and doesn't allow it to turn. So if you have a buzzer sound, that is the motor trying to rotate - you need to loosen those bolts on the rail to a hand-tightend (or just slightly tightened with a wrench). Hope this helps. Good luck with your install. - Brazerker

Reply to
LHammons

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com:

Nonsense. You must be using the wrong bolts. The rail should be assembled using the 5/16"-18x11/16' Hex Shoulder Bolts. Because they have a shoulder, they can't be overtightened - the nuts will travel only until they hit the shoulder. You can then tighen them with a wrench and they will put no undue pressure on the drive screw.

Be careful how you dish out advice. Leaving those bolts lose could end injuring someone.

Reply to
Morvin Stayner