There's someone talking in my well

I think the reason others haven't heard, or believe there were voices in your well is: They never stuck their ear to their well, or they don't have one.

Radio waves travel both in the air and on the ground. Consider your well to be a 950' inverted antenna with a water hat on it's inverted top. This is especially true if snow or rain are present.

Now, check your neighborhood for commercial, ham or CB antennas.

It's as good an idea as anyone elses!

Norm K0KUN

Reply to
Stormin

I have enough problems keeping myself from doing what the little men with the loud voices who live in my head tell me to do.

I don't need people who live in a well helping me out any, thank you very much.

Reply to
Matt

According to Bob S. :

You were able to turn the fountain on and off, and have the signal go in exact sync? Was there any electronics involved (or nearby) at all, or was the whole thing mechanical?

Reply to
Chris Lewis

It was a standard wall mounted water fountain. There were computers in the building but no avionics. There were avionics in a building about

1/4 mile away, but no signal coming from that building. I alway's suspected that second building was using a water pipe for "ground" and for some reason it was not grounding. If the water pipe was common to both buildings, it's remotely conceivable that the water fountain in the first building was acting as an antenna. A great stretch of the imagination, I know, but I have no better explaination. That's why I mentioned it in a thread about weird things happening around water/wells.

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

According to Bob S. :

Oh my. Just for my curiousity, metal cabinet type? Integrated cooler? Or just a simple "valve and ceramic bowl" type?

I'd make a blind guess at an extremely unusual ground/plumbing interaction that just happened to resonate at the emergency beacon frequency (at a given water flow rate), and some sort of excitation (likely at a completely different frequency). Who knows, perhaps some odd admixture of salts, contact pressure and moisture turned it into a crude transistor oscillator with a resonant frequency of around 121Mhz or whatever it was.

Reply to
Chris Lewis

Try and find out the winning lottery numbers for us.

Reply to
TicTac